Sunday, April 4, 2010

Psalm 2:7-9


"I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, 'Thou art My Son,
Today I have begotten Thee.
'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Thine inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Thy possession.
'Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron,
Thou shalt shatter them like eathernware.'"

This passage is telling of the promise of the Messiah, the Deliverer, that God would provide in Jesus. We see it fulfilled in John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever shall believe in Him, should not perish but have eternal life.

Yet one of the things that rings in my heart in this section is 'Ask of Me and I will surely give the nations as Thine inheritance'. Now, I know that this is talking of Christ, and how God has granted Him all power and authority in heaven and on earth. But what sticks in my heart is the desire for us to ask. Not selfish materialism ask, but asking God to do what He desires.
We so often get caught up in asking for provisions or things, we forget to ask for God to give us what He desires. I cringe at the thought of dying and going to heaven and talking with Jesus and Him saying, these are all the things I longed to give you if only you would have just asked.
Yet, I find myself to busy or to scared to pray something like that. Scared because I'm afraid what He wants to give will be so different than from what I want, or, so busy with stuff that I am blinded by what God is really wanting to do.
If I believe that God made me, that He alone fully knows me (there are parts to me that I don't even know about yet), then it is only He alone that knows fully what I need to accomplish what He desires.
So I boldly some may say selfishly pray, Lord give it all! Please!! Forgive me for not asking for what you desire to give. Lord may you give me open hands and an open heart to receive what you desire to give. Not in materialistic ways but in the reality that you are the one who has made me, you are the one that knows me best. Lord help me to pray according to your desires and not my own.
For in that we see the fulfillment of verse 9 where you will break the wicked and shatter their efforts with your truth. Not because of my own abilities, but because of what you have granted.
So Lord please give it all, you already have in Christ and granted me access to it, but please give it, even when I am to ignorant to ask. For Your desire is for me to be perfect and complete lacking in nothing, that I would do the works that you have prepared for me beforehand. May you be glorified O' Lord.

Soli Deo Gloria!
Only for the Glory of God!

Thanks so much for reading.
Britton

No comments:

Post a Comment